Data protection policy
According to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation no. 679/2016 (hereinafter "GDPR"), of Law no. 506/2004 on the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector, as well as of the Order no. 52 of 2002 issued by the People's Advocate, we will manage safely and only for the specified purposes, the personal data provided by our clients, collaborators, partners, etc.
This data protection policy applies when you use our services.
2. Data Operator
GameWorld.ro is owned and operated entirely by Stanleybet Romania Online LTD, based in Malta, Level 4, Ewropa Business Centre, Triq Dun Karm, Birkirkara, Bkr9034, C75496 and social capital of € 230,000.
Stanleybet Romania Online Limited holds a Class 1 license issued by the Romanian National Gaming Office (ONJN) to operate in Romania as a distance gambling organizer.
Stanleybet Romania Online Limited will process the personal data of the users of this site in accordance with the GDPR and its data protection policy, in accordance with the legislation in force.
The designated Data Protection Officer can be contacted at [email protected]
Your use of our services is subject to the Data Protection Policy and the Cookies Policy. When you use our services, you agree to the terms of this Data Protection Policy. The purpose of this Policy is to inform players about their personal data that is collected, stored and used.
4. Collected data
We can collect and process personal data in the following situations:
a) When filling out forms on the site. In order to participate in remote gambling, we will collect the following data categories from the players:
- The chosen username;
- The selected password;
- Email Address;
- Name and surname;
- Date of birth;
- CNP (personal numeric code);
- Mobile phone number;
- Duplicate copy of the card if it is supplied with the card, subject to the terms of the Terms and Conditions;
b)We may request a copy of your identity card in order to fulfill our legal obligations regarding the verification of the players' identity and observance of the age limit;
c) Copy of a utility bill / account statement / other documents to prove the tax residence and residence of the player. This data is required to verify the authenticity of the data provided by the player at registration. Requested documents contain the following categories of personal data: name, surname, address, financial data;
d) We will collect data about your activity as a player on www.gameworld.ro, relating to bets, games, stakes, winnings, as well as details of the transactions carried out through the site, namely the amounts deposited and withdrawn, the payment method;
e) We will collect personal data if you enroll in a contest or promotion that we conduct;
f) If you contact us by (email, online chat, contact form), we will keep the record of correspondence for the entire duration of the Account, but not more than 6 years from the closing of the Account. If you do not have an Account, the registration of the correspondence will be stored for 2 years from the date of contact;
g) If you contact us by phone, the call can be recorded, and in this case we will keep a copy of the call. If you have an Account, we will keep the registration for the entire duration of the Account, but not more than 6 years from the closing of the Account. If you do not have an Account, the registration will be stored for 2 years from the date of contact;
h)We can also ask you to fill out surveys that we use for market research purposes;
i) When you visit our site, we receive information about your device and location, including traffic data, location data, web logs, and other communications data.
5. IP addresses and cookies
As we will see in the Cookies Policy, we collect data through cookies and related technologies (scripts). We can collect information about your computer including, where available, the IP address (as part of statistical analysis - collecting takes place in anonymous format by removing the last byte of the address, so Ips will have the same format), the operating system and browser type, device, screen resolution, mouse movements, keystrokes, selected language for our services, and date and time of access. These are statistics on the actions and patterns of our users' browsing without directly identifying individuals.
For the same reason, we can get information on the general use of the Internet by using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us improve our services and improve marketing and advertising campaigns. Cookies help us:
- Estimation of audience and usage;
- Storing information about your preferences and thus allowing us to personalize your site according to your individual interests;
- Increase the speed of your searches;
- Improving your experience on the site and identifying the technical difficulties encountered when using the site;
- Your recognition when you return to the site.
You can learn more about our cookies policy here.
6. Use of data and their purpose
We can collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing gambling services as well as fulfilling the obligations arising from any contracts concluded between you and us: creating, checking and administering the account, processing the data on deposits and withdrawals. On this occasion, we will ask you to share your exact geographic location to determine if we can provide you the services at your location.
- Compliance with the legal norms in force, including checking the identity of the account holder and the accuracy of the information provided by the account holder;
- Providing information on updating and changing terms and conditions, as well as on the provision of services;
- Submitting offers and promotions, if you have expressly expressed your consent;
- Investigation of any suspected activity that can be qualified as prohibited behavior in connection with the provision of services, as well as cooperation with competent authorities;
- Improve the services we provide by analyzing player activity data on our site. This analysis may take into account the data provided by scripts installed in the site;
- Analysis of site activity data to display content relevant to the player;
- Drawing up statistics on the use of the services provided by clients;
- Carry out studies and market research.
As far as the basis for the processing of these data is concerned, we hereby notify you that acceptance of the Terms and Conditions is your agreement to be a party to the contract. The categories of data you provide to us are governed by the legal provisions on distance bets.
Thus, the collection, use and transmission to the authorities with control and monitoring powers is done by corroborating Articles 8 (5), 127 (1) and 129 (4) of GD no. 111/2016 regarding the Methodological Norms in GEO 77/2009, as well as under art. 10 par. (3) of GO 77/2009, the Fiscal Code - the obligation to declare the revenues achieved and the obligation to inform the players about the achieved gains, as well as based on the provisions of Law no. 129/2019 for preventing and combating money laundering and terrorist financing. With As a general rule, the data you provide when concluding this agreement is necessary to verify your age and identity for reasons of both gambling law and reason related to preventing and combating money laundering. Also, regarding the placement of cookies on devices used to participate in remote gambling, the ground is represented by both your consent expressed by ticking the appropriate box, as well as the legal obligation of the operator or even the legitimate interest in the regards quality assurance and customer experience on our site.
In relation to processing performed through the statistical analysis tool, we ensure that it does not store your personal data. Thus, in order to analyze the rate of use of certain pages and to identify technical problems encountered in their use, our site transmits data, as identified in point 5, to the analysis tool. If you enter data in existing free fields on pages on the site, they will not be stored and will be transmitted in an anonymous format to the analytics tool.
7. Direct marketing
We promote our services to you and others. We use customer information for invitations and communications that promote the services we provide to you, to the extent that you have agreed to do so.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way or to send your details to our Marketing Authorizing Officers, please do not tick the relevant box on the form used to collect your data.
In all cases, you will be able to unsubscribe from receiving marketing information. Please keep in mind that if you apply for a non-subscription, we may need up to 48/72 hours to run changes to your system, and you may receive marketing information.
Also, unsubscribing from receiving marketing emails will not prevent you from transmitting to you emails that relate to the agreement expressed through the terms and conditions of use of the site.
We do not transmit your personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
8. Disclosure of data
As a general rule, we will not disclose your personal information to any person. However, with your participation in remote gambling, it is possible that certain data categories (such as cookies, scripts) are stored by the persons empowered by us to do so. Thus, with respect to data collected to improve our services and identify the technical issues with which you are confronted in using the site, this data is stored in the Amazon Cloud in Ireland
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose your user data in order to comply with legal requirements. We will do our utmost to inform you of these situations, unless we are forbidden to do so. We may also disclose to enforce or enforce the Terms and Conditions and other agreements to protect our rights, property, security or our clients. This includes sharing information with other companies or organizations to protect against fraud and reduce credit risk.
9. Data storage
In accordance with European data protection law and national gambling legislation, we use reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and inappropriate use of personal data.
We use appropriate systems and procedures to protect and secure your personal data. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions on accessing and using personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel can access your personal information while working.
Data collected from you are stored in Romania in accordance with the legal provisions on remote gambling. They can also be processed by staff operating in the EEA, working for us or one of our suppliers. Such staff may be involved, among other things, in processing your payment details and providing support services. By registering your personal data, you agree to such processing. We will take all necessary measures to ensure that your data is treated safely and in accordance with this data protection policy.
All information provided by you is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have (or have selected) a password that will allow you to access certain parts of the site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not tell anyone this password.
Transmitting information over the Internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal data, we can not guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive the information, we will use strict processes and security options to try to prevent unauthorized access.
The site is protected by Secured Socket Layer (SSL) standard encryption. This technology encrypts all of your personal data transferred between you and us.
The information we collect from you will be erased regularly from our servers, subject to your notification in this policy, but to the extent we are legally required by our competent government authorities, we will retain this information in our internal system. If you provided us with your data by completing the account creation form and you are an active user, your data will be retained for a period of 7 years from the last transaction. If there have been no transactions in your account for twelve (12) months, we will close your account and your personal data will be destroyed and deleted after a period of 7 years.
10. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Prior to data collection, we will let you know if we intend to use your data for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your data, please do not tick the relevant box located on the form used to collect your data because, by ticking this box, you agree to the processing of your personal data for this purpose. You may also withdraw such consent or request that we no longer process your personal data for marketing purposes anytime, by contacting us at [email protected]
Occasionally, the site may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, merchants, and affiliates. If you access a link to these websites, please note that they have their own data protection policies and we do not assume liability for these policies. Please check these policies before entering any personal data on these websites.
Users of this site's services are guaranteed the following rights:
- the right of access, based on which you can ask us, free of charge, to confirm whether or not we process personal data that concerns you. You can also request a copy of the data we process about you. Applications must include relevant information to be able to identify you in our database. We will resolve your request within 30 days;
- the right to rectification, which you can exercise by formulating a request that you can ask us to modify the information we already have about you. You can make such a request when you notice that your data is incomplete or inaccurate;
- the right to restrict the processing, which you can exercise when challenging the accuracy of the data, you consider the processing to be illegal or you will oppose the deletion of the data. Following the exercise of this right, we may still be able to store the data, making other processing operations only with your consent, unless expressly provided for by law;
- the right to portability, which you can only exercise in cases where processing is based on your consent or contract and only if your data is processed by automated means. If you meet the conditions, you may send us a request for porting the data to the operator you want;
- the right to oppose data processing for marketing purposes or processing based on GameWorld's legitimate interes. You may exercise this right at any time and we guarantee that your data will no longer be processed for that purpose. However, there may be a reasonable time (72 hours) to register and resolve your request that you may receive marketing information from us. In terms of collecting data through the script in order to improve the experience on our site, you can exercise the right of opposition here.
- the right to delete, on the basis of which we have the obligation to delete the personal data we process about you. This right is not an absolute one, being applicable only in certain situations expressly provided by law. When making a removal request, please be aware that deleting them may be a complex process.
- if you are not satisfied with the way we have solved your requests, you can address the Supervisory Authority at any time.
11. Access to information
In order to exercise these rights, the user will send a written, dated and signed application to Game World Online at the email address [email protected], with the subject "Personal Information Request". The format of the request is found HERE
12. Changes to our data protection policy
Any changes to the data protection policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this data protection policy are welcome, and therefore please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at [email protected], if you wish to have readings.